Websphere MQ Health Check
Get more from your existing systems with WebSphere MQ Health-check
WebSphere® MQ is the back bone of the Messaging Services for SOA and for your entire architecture of the applications and web Services that need to exchange data and events with proven reliability, consistency, and transactional integrity which is secure, flexible, scalable, and time independent only in certain conditions if it is maintained through a verified and organized programmatic approach.
WebSphere® MQ is a widely used messaging platform providing reliable communication and integration services for efficient IT infrastructure and SOA implementation to maintain global redundancy for seamless delivery. Often these systems are flawed with passage of time due to tactical implementation across a number of different operating systems putting your organizational security and performance at stake.
Web Sphere MQ Guru is offering MQ Health Check to help you get most of your MQ implementation where our consultants will design and review the security and performance of your organization’s MQ implementation and assess a number of key areas where improvements can be found.
After the analysis, MQ Health Check Report will be delivered to you with detailed findings and high level recommendations and on implementation it will gear up your enterprise through addressing the followings issues:
– Disaster Recovery
Our Health Check Assessment allows you to determine vulnerabilities in your MQ infrastructure without being intrusive with no cost and little effort based on the project scope.
Royal Cyber Offers
Health Assessment Covers
A customized Health Check item list will also be prepared based on your enterprise’s specific requirements and will consist of the followings, but not limited to;
- Network (topology, bandwidth, connectivity),
- Hardware (platforms, disk space, free space, high speed disks, configurations, connectivity)
- Operating System (version, fix level)
- Application (infrastructure requirements and design, application design, source code standards, other standards and conventions)
- Object Definitions (queue manager instances, queues and other MQ objects, naming standards, Scripts for the objects)
- Error Management & logging (Circular / Linear Logging, Archive logging, Time for archiving, Logging space issues, Clean up scripts, log archiving on local or remote host, Error handling, definition of Backout queues and Dead letter queues, how Errors are handled)
- Security (requirements, groups and access authority, relation to other security systems, use of MQ integration, client connections, and security gaps)
- Performance (requirements, throughput and response times, message sizes, message volume, max volume and max volume intervals, message formats, [ message type i.e. request/reply, Fire & forget, Publish/subscribe] , batch sizes, triggering and channel initiation, persistence)
- Connectivity ( Inter-applications and MQ client connection, handling during dropped/broken connection scenario, reconnection)
- Backups ( Backups of Objects, authorities, .ini file, SSL key rings, Backup location [remote /local ], backup scripts, level of security of the backup scripts, Database backups)
- Testing (identification of development test schedules and appropriate tool selection, functional testing, failure testing, stress analysis)
- Management (administration, monitoring, reporting, problem determination, problem prevention, operator procedures)
- Project Team Organization (roles and responsibilities, skills, training)
- Disaster recovery (review, if it is already in place).
- Version (usage check, upgrade options and efforts).
- Monitoring (What monitoring tool is in place, Configuration of monitoring tool, areas where it can perform best)
- Update ( Fix packs or updates if needed)
- HA environments (What technique used Multi-Instance Queue managers, OS clustering, Power-HA (HACMP), or Veritas Cluster Server (VCH), etc. …)
Royal Cyber will perform an on-site or off-site audit which will include meetings, interviews, and supervised VPN enabled access to the client’s implemented computing system. Royal Cyber Inc. will present a report for approval to the client describing our findings with prioritized recommendations for actions and areas where there would be beneficial improvement can occur based on our analysis of audit information and research on your MQ infrastructure.